What to bring
Thank you for the opportunity to prepare your tax return last Financial Year and once again we look forward to preparing and lodging your return for 2022.
Let’s hope we can say goodbye to lockdowns and enjoy heading back to the office!
To book an appointment online simply click on the booking link below and choose your preferred day and time.
If you prefer you can simply email your documents to [email protected] or post to our PO Box.
Your 2022 Tax Return
From mid-July onwards, as your tax agent we have access to your PAYG Summary, bank interest, dividends from shares and private Hospital Cover Details via the Tax Agent Portal, and managed fund information appears later in September. I have prepared a list of additional documents to send to us below.
Don’t forget to send us your loan statement for a complimentary annual review via our in-house finance broker, Samantha Moore. Simply email your loan statement to [email protected] – we can apply for discounts with your current lender or provide you with refinance options including cash back.
Information required - Financial Year Ended 2021
- PAYG Payment Summaries.
- Interest earned on bank accounts.
- Foreign income and foreign investment losses
- Dividend statements including dividend reinvestments.
- Employee option and share scheme documentation.
- Financial summaries from managed funds and other financial institutions.
- Total interest charged on margin loans and other investment loan products.
- All Buy and Sell Contract Notes from shares sold during the year.
- Private Hospital Cover details.
- Personal Superannuation Contributions
- iPad, tablets, work related apps, computers, software, and antivirus, upgrades, mobile phone, and internet, stationery and home office running costs.
- Total hours worked at home per week to calculate electricity
- Foxtel where used for research
- Seminars & conference fees including travel & accommodation, books & journals
- Union fees, tools and equipment, protective clothing or uniform with logo, sunscreen, sunhat and sunglasses,
- Income protection insurance
- First Aid training
- Covid-19 tests, face masks & hand sanitiser
- Brief case/handbag used for work
- Education expenses in excess of $250 including related travel.
- Log book for work related motor vehicle or number of km travelled up to 5,000
- Rental property statements, interest charged and related expenses (please see below for an extensive list) There is also a link to a tax depreciation calculator, to give an estimate of depreciate deductions.
- Charitable donation receipts.
- BSB and Account Number for a quick refund by direct deposit into your bank account.
- Agent Fees & Commissions
- Body Corporate Fees
- Borrowing Expenses
- Building & Structural Improvements
- Commissions & Management Fees
- Electricity & Connection Costs
- Bank Charges
- Head Rental
- Land Tax
- Lease Incentives
- Legal Fees not associated with eviction
- Mortgage Insurance
- Municipal Rates & Taxes
- Office Supplies
- Prepaid expenses up to 12 months (interest, body corporate, council, water)
- Replacement assets
- Solicitor Disbursements
As a tax agent I can offer extensions between March 2023 and May 2023, please contact the office for your specific date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!