What to bring
Thank you for the opportunity to prepare your tax return last Financial Year and once again we look forward to preparing and lodging your return for 2021.
I trust you are staying safe during these difficult times. We can prepare your individual tax return via a phone consultation during lockdown, once completed it will be uploaded into your own ITC portal where you can sign using an ATO approved digital signature.
If you prefer you can simply email your documents to [email protected] or post to our PO Box.
We are assisting our small business clients with all grant payments from both the State and Federal Governments, please email [email protected] to ensure you receive the maxim benefit you are entitled to.
Did you know that you can now carry forward unused concessional super contributions for up to five years? This is a great way to minimise your tax liability after a Capital Gains Tax event or salary bonus that may take you into the highest marginal tax rate. Please book a free phone appointment to discuss this or any other questions you have regarding your tax affairs.
Your 2021 Tax Return
From mid-July onwards, as your tax agent we have access to your PAYG Summary, bank interest, dividends from shares and private Hospital Cover Details via the Tax Agent Portal, and managed fund information appears later in September. I have prepared a list of additional documents to send to us below (there is also new information on our website).
Don’t forget to send us your loan statement for a complimentary annual review via our in-house finance broker, Samantha Moore. Simply email your loan statement to [email protected] – we can apply for discounts with your current lender or provide you with refinance options.
Information required - Financial Year Ended 2021
- PAYG Payment Summaries.
- Interest earned on bank accounts.
- Foreign income and foreign investment losses
- Dividend statements including dividend reinvestments.
- Employee option and share scheme documentation.
- Financial summaries from managed funds and other financial institutions.
- Total interest charged on margin loans and other investment loan products.
- All Buy and Sell Contract Notes from shares sold during the year.
- Private Hospital Cover details.
- Personal Superannuation Contributions
- Ipad, tablets, work related apps, computers, software, and antivirus, upgrades, mobile phone, and internet, stationery and home office running costs.
- Total hours worked at home during COVID-19
- Foxtel where used for research
- Seminars & conference fees including travel & accommodation, books & journals
- Union fees, tools and equipment, protective clothing or uniform with logo, sunscreen, sunhat and sunglasses,
- Income protection insurance
- First Aid training
- Education expenses in excess of $250 including related travel.
- Log book for work related motor vehicle or number of km travelled up to 5,000
- Rental property statements, interest charged and related expenses (You can use this tax depreciation calculator, to give an estimate of depreciate deductions)
- Charitable donation receipts.
- BSB and Account Number for a quick refund by direct deposit into your bank account.
- Agent Fees & Commissions
- Body Corporate Fees
- Borrowing Expenses
- Building & Structural Improvements
- Commissions & Management Fees
- Electricity & Connection Costs
- Bank Charges
- Head Rental
- Land Tax
- Lease Incentives
- Legal Fees not associated with eviction
- Mortgage Insurance
- Municipal Rates & Taxes
- Office Supplies
- Prepaid expenses up to 12 months (interest, body corporate, council, water)
- Replacement assets
- Solicitor Disbursements
As a tax agent I can offer extensions between March 2022 and May 2022, please contact the office for your specific date.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!